Making a Chinese inspired dinner at home as never been easier, and no Wok is required. If you have a few simple ingredients, a large cook pan, and 15 minutes to spare you can cook a healthy Chinese inspired meal your entire family will love.
Not convinced yet? Well, this recipe begs to be altered. Not a fan of beef or pork, no problem. Swap out the beef or pork for chicken or shrimp. Desire more vegetables? Add them. Wanting to cut back on the salt? use low sodium soy sauce, or substitute in your other Asian sauces.
This one is super easy to make, its super hard to mess up, and the results will yield a home cooked Chinese dinner in minutes.
This one is a staple in my home once a week for sure. Wen your looking for a quick prep, healthy meal, bust this one out!
Keto Friendly, and Low Carb, this ones a hit every single time.
Egg Roll In A Bowl
- 1/2 lbs Ground Beef 90/10 or 97/3 – Not 80/20
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 14 ounce Shredded ColeSlaw Mix 1 bag
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce (Low Sodium)
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Sliced Green Onion
- Brown Pork and Beef until no longer pink
- Add the Minced Garlic and sweat the garlic into the meat for 1 min
- Add in soy sauce, ginger, and coleslaw. You can add a little water if needed to saute the coleslaw. Cook until the coleslaw is at the desired level of crunchy.
- Make a well in the center and scramble in the egg into the mix. More eggs can be added to add additional flavor and protein to the dish.
- Stir in Sriracha, and drizzle the sesame oil.
- Sprinkle freshen cut onions and cook for an additional 30-45 seconds and then remove from heat.
- If you want to add "Crunch" – consider adding sliced almonds, walnuts, or perhaps even some la-choy crunchy noodles. Note: any additions might not make the dish Keto friendly anymore.
- Consider adding cooked shrimp, or chicken to this dish for added protein.
- The ratios of soy sauce, sesame oil, and sriracha are all pretty wildly adjustable to taste. This dish is extremely salty, even when low-sodium soy sauce is used.
- Consider adding a wide array of other fresh vegetables into the mix as well for an even healthier dish, with even more bulk.